Are you interested in being part of a sustainable small scale vegetable farming business? Two Roads Farm is looking for 1-2 Farm Hands to join our team this season.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Duration: Until Thanksgiving weekend, with a possibility of being offered additional work after Thanksgiving. Preference will be given to candidates able to commit to part-time work until Christmas.
Weekly Schedule: 30 hours per week preferred; part-time hours may be possible. The work week is Monday-Friday. Start times vary from 6am-8am. There is a half hour unpaid lunch break.
We are looking for self-motivated, reliable people with the ability to work in all weather, a positive outlook, and who are able to work effectively and efficiently both as team members or while completing a task without direct supervision.
Duties include bed preparation, planting, seeding, plant care, harvesting, processing and packing vegetables, assisting with equipment and infrastructure building and maintenance. Occasionally, workers may be asked to assist with caring for pigs and chickens.
Wage: $16 per hour
Our work is physically demanding at times. We work in all types of weather, including hot sun and heavy rain.
- For Canada Summer Jobs position: maximum 30 years of age at the start of the job
- Ability to lift 40lbs and to perform tasks that require repeated bending, squatting, and kneeling.
- Ability to work in all weather
- Able to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining quality in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team setting
- Preference will be given to candidates living on Denman who are able to arrive for 6:30am start times (the first ferry does not arrive early enough)
- Preference will be given to candidates available to work into the fall.
- Challenging, fulfilling work – you will be contributing to an essential service and feeding our community.
- Fresh veggies!
- Opportunities for mentorship and learning about small scale sustainable farming and small business, including aspects not part of your regular duties (e.g. book keeping, crop planning, etc.)
- Potential for an end of season bonus if you commit to the farm for the full season and the farm meets its financial goals.
Please e-mail your resume with contact information for two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include a short cover letter that describes why you are interested in working at Two Roads Farm, and your relevant experience.
DEADLINE: June 25th, or until a suitable candidate is found.